Various researches according to regression analysis have proved that the introduction of API or Application Programming Interface in telecom industry has quickly changed it entirely within few years. Old phone sets and phone booths are rarely visible these days whereas people have nearly become addicted to the latest mobile devices for their day-to-day communication needs.
According to various reports more than 65% cell phone users check their phone for calls, messages and alerts even if they are neither vibrating nor ringing. Nearly 45% users of cell phones put their phones near their bed to ensure that they have not missed any message or phone call even while sleeping at night. Almost 30% of the cell phone owners cannot imagine to live without their devices.
This attachment to the cell phone was built by the telecom industry by the use of API as a mechanism platform to renovate their devices rapidly in an innovative manner. They used API for two main purposes – the development of mobile apps and as business platform. Brief information in this regard is provided here under for your appraisal.
Mobile App Development
Every company in all the industries is making mobile apps to attract mobile users to their products and services. Telecom industry is also using APIs for developing mobile apps for providing basic information of the account as well as improving the accessibility to the back end systems like:
They use basic APIs to provide information about options of mobile phone and their accessories along with plan options
Personalized APIs are used for mapping your specific accounting needs like upgrading eligibility, checking usage data, paying your bill, checking account balance, maintenance of account and changing account features.
Other advantages of Mobile app include scheduling appointments, finding store locations nearby and finding the location of family member by using the GPS of the phone.
Some of the telecom APIs available today:
– StreamWIDE Call Screening API which allows you to use denial and acceptance lists to filter calls and the delays on incoming or outgoing communications by using time-based and behaviour-based filters etc.
– Humbug Analytics API allows you to connect PBX or application for fraud alerting and in-depth reporting. It submits PBX events for analysis, authenticates phone numbers during call set-up and submits the records of call details for analysis etc.
– Recharge My API helps in recharging your mobile, using ecommerce platform and paying your bills online. Developers can use it for integrating and accessing its functionality within their applications.
– Offline Geolocation allows your cell phone to find out a location without connecting it to data networks or internet . It can be used when the users have no Internet connection or cannot use it due to coverage or roaming issues as well as GPS is not available or has not been turned on.
Along with helping in creating mobile apps, API has benefited telecom industry in various other areas like a platform for marketing the products and services. Many companies like Apple and Amazon etc. are using APIs as a platform to provide their services and products directly to their customers either in partnership with other service providers or through telecom industry.
Some of the services provided by API platforms today may include:
– Online services for video chat, social media, search, shopping and messaging etc.
– Content services for streaming information about stock, news and media etc.
– Connectivity services to support irregular connectivity
– Technology services for caching, hosting cloud and making payments
– Business services for billing, analytics, coupons and accounting etc.
– Device integration including wired telephones, smart phone, television, computer and tablet etc.
These services can be used by other businesses to build their valuable additions on them and manage their infrastructure by relying on the telecom and selected services of other businesses.
These API platforms can also help other businesses in partnering with content providers to bring in new partners easily and to supply services for improving their capabilities.
Telecom APIs can also be used by the Industry Verticals to build B2B submissions. The platform options listed above can also be used by the business related customers to take advantages of some of their capabilities like messaging or billing services etc.
Though telecom APIs has many more things which everyone should know but development of mobile apps and their use as platform are among its most important facts. For more information in this regard you can visit www.apico.net.